I know this girl.
I used to be her, and sometimes still am.
I read this and it sort of punched me in the heart.
My heart was once locked up so tight, it was padlocked. However, over time I have learned that the world is so beautiful. The sun shines, the trees sway, and children laugh. There are so many opportunities to make this world a better place, to lift the sad hearts of those around that are hurting. I learned that the only person responsible for a happy future…was me. It was all up to me.
I learned that:
- even though you can’t control other peoples choices, you can control yours
- it is better to say you are sorry even when you are right
- not every battle is important, to let as many go as you can and then breathe, and then go to In-N-Out and have a cheeseburger with special sauce.
- music feeds the soul
- when I am angry, to pray, and then open the scriptures.
- everyone is suffering with something
- if all else fails get a pedicure
- it is important to be nice
- children grow up way too fast
- sometimes you just need to go on a great adventure
- Mom is still the best cook
- You always fit in with your family
- Boys aren’t as scary as I once thought they were
- I am my very own kind of pretty
- never underestimate a good run
- when that run pulls up hard memories hand them over, leave them behind, forgive and keep moving forward
- if you are tired of dating, don’t give up, the right guy will come at the right time….still hoping this is true…just hangin’ out here waiting for him to come along
- there are ALWAYS new men coming into the mix
- being single is NOT the worst thing to happen
- I still despise ironing
- it is fun to play
- it is important to set goals
- your future is as bright as YOU make it
I am feeling ready. I am ready to run this race in the Spring, I am ready to start planning my next adventure. I feel like I am ready to make some things happen! I love goals almost as much as I love the FALL weather. I love that I am as free as a bird to go and do and be the person I am supposed to be. Good things are coming, again! I felt like this last year but I feel it again in my bones, this year still has a few surprises.
Cheers to the lessons in life XOXO The Sunny D