- It is not a fortune teller, it is not to be read like a horoscope telling us what our life will be like, who we will marry, etc.
- It is sacred and should not be read aloud to others, or in church.
- Just because your blessing doesn’t say that you serve a mission, get an MBA, marry in the temple, have children does not mean that those things are not going to happen.
- It gives the lineage of the recipient (according to the ten tribes of Israel and the Abrahamic Covenant)
- It is like a window to who we are authentically. Just like the window above it gives us a view of what kind of divine qualities we developed before this life and what to do while we are on this Earth to continue to develop those qualities.
- A blessing is like a road map.It gives us divine direction for our lives, however, this direction and the blessings therein depend on our righteousness. Just like a map if we take a wrong turn we may find our selves in a strange place and lost! If we follow the council given through our patriarchal blessing we can stay on course and avoid getting lost.
- A blessing gives: instruction, our divine characteristics,and our mission.
- A blessing is ETERNAL, that means that some of the things on it may not happen in this life, they may happen in the eternities.
Everyone who is a member of the church is entitled to get a patriarchal blessing. EVERYONE. Do not think that you are not: good enough, righteous enough, young enough, old enough. I promise you, you are important to Heavenly Father and he wants to help you in your life. I have found the sweetness in using and applying my blessing and it has been a wonderful experience for me.It will be for you too.
- Look at the negative Cognition’s do any of these sound familiar?